Sunday, August 19, 2007

Resume Blunders

So, I haven't updated in a few days. I've been busy starting a new job! I'm working in the HR department of a 4,500-employee company, so getting acclimated has been exhausting.

Never fear -- not only will I not stop posting, I'll probably be posting more once I get settled. I have a lot of resumes coming across my desk that are filled with errors in grammar, spelling, formatting, word choice, etc.

Of course, I can't post items in their entirety, but I can give snippets that don't identify applicants.

My favorite one this week:

Why did you leave this position (application question)?
Answer: "Took care of my father till he died."

It just cracked me up because 1) the person shortened "until" in a professional document and 2) s/he didn't even shorten it correctly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The actual conditions paraphrasing and also outlining typically mistake learners of Language. This may not be astonishing since the a couple indicate much the same issues using simply a minor big difference. To start, what exactly are paraphrasing and also outlining? See more how do you paraphrase